Our mission and role
Who are we?
Tameside Third Sector Coalition (T3SC) is the lead support and development agency for voluntary, community and faith groups and organisations in Tameside. Established in 2001, T3SC is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. T3SC is the Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) in Tameside.
T3SCís mission is to build and support strong, clear and independent voluntary and community action in Tameside. We do this by developing and sustaining the capacity and accountability of individuals and groups, and of the sector as a whole.
Tameside Third Sector Coalition:
- Embraces and celebrates the diversity of the individuals, groups and communities in Tameside that it serves.
- Believes that equality of opportunity is a fundamental right, and will work proactively to put this into practice.
- Is working to an empowerment model: it will seek to maintain a delicate balance between helping groups and maintaining their independence.
- Believes in the equality of all the sector (public, corporate and third sectors).
- Believes that preference should be given to working collaboratively and in partnership with agencies in all sectors to maximise the benefits to the groups that it supports.
- Will seek to avoid competing for scarce resources with the groups that it supports, but recognises that it will need to access resources in order to develop and sustain its activities.
- Values the contribution which volunteers make to society.
1. To build the capacity and skills of voluntary and community organisations
|Tameside voluntary and community organisations which are better resourced, skilled, managed and informed, and are delivering high quality services to their users.
|2. To promote and support active partnerships within the voluntary, community and faith sector, and between the sector and other sectors||
A stronger and more influential voluntary, community and faith sector, which is appreciated as a key effective partner in the development of policies, strategies and services and which recognises and celebrates its own differences and diversity.
3. To empower and support local communities to identify needs and develop responses
|Stronger and increased levels of community action resulting in reduced levels of inequality and deprivation.
|4. To further develop and sustain T3SC as an efficient and effective local support and development organisation||
T3SC as a robust and secure organisation providing high quality effective services to Tamesideís voluntary, community and faith , recognised and valued in its role by local partners and the local community.
and the full T3SC Strategic Plan 2010