Black and Minority Ethnic network
- Provide a space for clear and open discussion.
- Build links with communities in Tameside.
- Develop a stronger voice for BME community groups.
Regular meetings - a fantastic opportunity to meet others and make new friends.
Learn about other BME groups and find out what else is happening locally.
Share good practice.
Be part of creating a voice on behalf of the BME community.
Specialist support when you need help.
Our story so far
- Three consecutive Cultural X-change events bringing people from different communities together.
- Recruitment events in partnership with Greater Manchester Police Positive Action Team.
- Support for BME groups to develop in Tameside and have a voice in local decision making.
- Membership of One North West - the regional voice for BME communities.
Work with Tameside council on Eid and Diwali celebrations.
- Tameside Strategic Partnership.
- Culture and Community Cohesion Partnership (Tameside).
Inclusive membership - BME communities from across Tameside including Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, African and Polish communities. Our Vision - A network committed to providing space for discussion and debate regarding the issues of Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) community groups and voluntary organisations in Tameside.
For more information, please contact: T3SCís Policy and Participation Team, Tel: 0161 339 4985.
Network meeting Terms Of Reference