EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY. 1 DAY WORKSHOP
Equality and Diversity affect us all in various aspects of our everyday working life. It acknowledges that we live in a society with communities of people of differing race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, belief, gender identity, disability and age.
Working with organisations made up of individuals and communities from diverse backgrounds and experiences means we sometimes face challenges, not just in communicating, identifying and meeting needs, but in finding the right way to empower and enable people to improve their lives.
The overall aim of this training is to enable all participants to understand the concept of equality and diversity and to utilise the skills and experiences of the individuals and communities they work for and with effectively.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY – 1 DAY WORKSHOP
Overall aim of the training:
To raise awareness of diversity and equality issues and their impact on the work of the organisation
- To explore and understand the difference between Equal Opportunities and Diversity
- To understand the concept of diversity and also the responsibilities of individuals and organisations according to current legislation
- For individuals to recognise their own prejudices and assumptions and understand the connection between these and the behaviour and performance of others
- To explore how to identify and challenge inappropriate behaviours and attitudes within the organisation
- To develop individual action plans based on the learning from the day’s activities)
Charges: Please note there is a £30.00 charge per person for this course. You can use the Specialist Support Fund to cover the cost if you wish to. For more information about this, please contact Naomi at CVAT on Tel: 0161 339 4985 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
at CVAT, 131 Katherine Street Ashton-under-Lyne,